We have been so busy working at the Masque and preparing for the next Shakespeare play. It's Much Ado About Nothing. Kami is playing Ursula a maid to Hero and on the second weekend she will also be playing Verges, an old man. Shakespeare can be very hard to understand, but when you work with it everyday and you have Sylvia (the director) to explain it, you begin to understand and have a much deeper appreciation for the language. I enjoy working with all the kids and like I've said before....watching the whole process of creating a play....It's magic!
Trevor has been sick and we have been dealing with that and a lot of doctor's appointments too. He has a huge medical bill with no insurance and in the end no help. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He has been having these sudden attacks of vomiting that last for days. Then he ends up dehydrated and weak. They come on at any time without warning. He can't figure out any certain food that sets it off. It's not just a once an hour thing, it's like twelve times an hour. It's awful. They did lots of tests and sent him home without an answer and an over 15,000 dollar bill. When I looked up gastroparesis, that's what it looks like to me, but one of the tests was for stomach emptying and they said his stomach is emptying fine. Another thing I found was cyclic vomiting syndrome, and it kind of sounds like that except that Trevor always has a feeling of being full and isn't able to eat more than a few bites at a time even when he is feeling pretty good. It takes him a half hour to eat a sandwhich. It's very odd. I hope it's something that will go away instead of continuing to get worse.
So it's just been a little stressful around here. It's probably more than anyone cares to read about, but thought I would share. It's been a long time since I added anything to my blog. Happy spring everyone! I'm really-really looking forward to getting out into the garden. I've always got high hopes and big dreams about this time of the year. Come August and I'll be tired of watering and keeping the dog and the weeds out.
Trevor has been sick and we have been dealing with that and a lot of doctor's appointments too. He has a huge medical bill with no insurance and in the end no help. They couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. He has been having these sudden attacks of vomiting that last for days. Then he ends up dehydrated and weak. They come on at any time without warning. He can't figure out any certain food that sets it off. It's not just a once an hour thing, it's like twelve times an hour. It's awful. They did lots of tests and sent him home without an answer and an over 15,000 dollar bill. When I looked up gastroparesis, that's what it looks like to me, but one of the tests was for stomach emptying and they said his stomach is emptying fine. Another thing I found was cyclic vomiting syndrome, and it kind of sounds like that except that Trevor always has a feeling of being full and isn't able to eat more than a few bites at a time even when he is feeling pretty good. It takes him a half hour to eat a sandwhich. It's very odd. I hope it's something that will go away instead of continuing to get worse.
So it's just been a little stressful around here. It's probably more than anyone cares to read about, but thought I would share. It's been a long time since I added anything to my blog. Happy spring everyone! I'm really-really looking forward to getting out into the garden. I've always got high hopes and big dreams about this time of the year. Come August and I'll be tired of watering and keeping the dog and the weeds out.
1 comment:
fun to catch up via your blog. at present we are experiencing april showers so you should have some great may flowers!
Post a Comment