Saturday, May 12, 2007

Flower garden

I couldn't help it. I had to go buy a few flowers at the Hy Vee garden center. I knew it was going to be busy, but it was so nice out. I didn't start my own seeds indoors this year (too lazy). Now I wish I would have! Flowers are not cheap. I did try starting some seeds now in the pots outside, but it will probably be August before they start producing if anything even comes up. Well, to save money, I decided to cut back on the flower pots that I use and to use green houseplants that can stand being outside. While I was rummage saling I found a couple new perennials......chives and periwinkle. Anyway I had a fun day planting the flowers that I bought and am looking forward to seeing them grow. Now I need to get out and weed, weed, weed all those flower gardens!
Oh yeah, the lilacs smell wonderful!

No comments: